Job Title : Stone Restoration and Maintenance Technician
Job Status: Full Time
Experience: Previous Experience Preferred
- Responsible for performing scheduled cleaning, maintenance, restoring, etc. for natural stone and tile as directed by Operations Manager. Maintains a high standard of customer service and additional sales performance.
- Tile and grout cleaning and sealing history is welcome.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Be a good ambassador/representative for Great American Carpet and Stone Care
- Provide prompt and professional service to all customers. This includes being polite, courteous and respectful
- Completes customer service schedules on time. Keeps internal personnel informed of daily schedule
- Demonstrates professional knowledge of all company products and services
- Determines customer requirements and effectively explain cleaning procedures to customer
- Identifies cleaning or restore treatments needed to achieve the desired results as per the client
- Identifies different types of natural stone and tile
- Diagnoses and recommends restoration solutions such for natural stone and tile
- Performs restoring applications such as polishing, honing, marble crystallization, lippage removal, tile replacement, etc. on natural stone and tile
- Manipulates the cleaning equipment from the van into the customer's home
- Follows all safety procedures as prescribed by the company
- Operates company vehicle with good judgment, obeying all laws and rules of the road.
- Maintains assigned company vehicle in accordance with all policies and procedures
- Asks customers for additional business and successfully sell add-on services and products
- Satisfactorily completes daily check-out and check-in procedures in a timely manner
- On a daily basis, accurately completes route sheet and have all supporting documents in order.
- Ability to recognize and rectify problems
- Ability to decipher color and texture in order to identify types of stone and finishes
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must have valid Texas driver’s license and maintain a good driving record in compliance with company requirements
- Consent to a background check
- Must be able to pass a drug screen
- Ability to manipulate lift equipment weighing approximately 100 pounds
- Basic mathematics skills
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Outside sales experience helpful, but not necessary
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is physically demanding. There is extensive walking, standing, kneeling, stooping, and bending. Traveling to each job location requires the safe operation of a company vehicle. At times the position requires lifting and carrying equipment weighing approximately 100 pounds. At times equipment may need to be carried up stairs and down hallways.
Call us at 281-547-0220 to schedule an interview.